Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Session 1 Follow-up

Thanks for your attendance and participants yesterday.

Here are your questions for the week:
1.     What did you hear at session one that impacted you the most?
2.     How will this idea or piece of information change the way you do ministry?

Please post your responses in the "comments" section.

3 comments:

  1. I guess that I will be the first person to comment on Session One.

    Lots of information was shared with us, but the one thought that keeps going through my mind is All Youth Ministry must flow through and from the liturgy. The challenge...How do we get them to liturgy?

    I look around at weekly liturgy and see a pretty small percentage of high school teens. When did we lose them? The teens I see at liturgy are there with their parents. I don't see teens there alone or with just their siblings.

    That bring me back to the parents. Are we reaching the parents when their children are young? If they attend litury with their children when they are young, will that empower teens to continue to come even if the parents don't?

    I have a lot more questions than I do answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lot of work...it's messy...God thinks/knows we can do it.

    This sticks with me for two reasons...
    1) I think I needed just a little reassurance that I can do this, and that I am not alone in struggling along.
    2) Sometimes I think we can all forget that our ministry is not ours. What we do belongs to the youth, to the parish, to the People of God, to God. I can get so wrapped up in worrying about having the perfect program that I forget that it is not about me, and that the Holy Spirit is with me every step on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mike..."This is alot of work, It's messy and God Thinks YOU can do IT!"

    I was in a "frump" beginning of the year... burnt out, overwhelmed, not feeling like I was making a differnce, exhausted...etc all the doubts the devil puts in our mind and the winter blues to boot! This day refreshed me and helped me realize I am NOT along... we are all feeling the same in some degree and we are here for each other. It was a breath of fresh air!

    I also agree with Diane... that we need to target the PARENTS, We need to nurture and feed them like we (Lay people of the church) are being refreshed with CAFFE. I do beleive they want to know more about their faith, but just don't know where to start or embarrased that they don't know.

    I too have alot of questions, more then answers... but I think with the support of each other, prayer and hard work we can make a difference!

    ReplyDelete